The story of my battle with snare drum addiction.

Sunday 23 August 2009

Spaun Stave Snare Drum



This is a 14x5 stave snare and once again, I can't recall what the wood is, although I do remember is not one of the standard woods. I do still have the retail tag somewhere though so I'll have to look it up.

This was the first Spaun drum I purchased - for about £435 or so and again from Wembley Drum Centre - just after they started doing Spaun some years ago. The wood is particularly attractive and as you can see the grain shows up much better when the flash was used. You can't really see the separate blocks anywhere within the shell makeup.

I like Spaun drums although I haven't bought one for ages because I haven't seen anything I really like. The finishes are almost always nice and the drums are always well made from what I've seen.

This was the most expensive drum I'd bought to that time and I think was the start of the 'desensitising' I went through with regard spending more money on drums. I think if you've spend a lot of money on more than one snare, you'll probably know what I mean.

About Me

My photo
Ruislip, London, United Kingdom
I collect snare drums. I think I also have a problem...