The story of my battle with snare drum addiction.

Saturday 22 August 2009

Craviotto Paua Blackheart Abalone snare


This is a fairly rare drum. It represents a brief collaboration between Johnny Craviotto and Bill Cardwell of C&C Custom Drums in 2004 where they finished - what Bill Cardwell told me more than 50 and less than 100 - drums in various abalone finishes, this one being Paua Blackheart abalone.

The 14x5 solid maple shell has triple flanged hoops and Craviotto Diamond hardware with a Trick GS007 strainer. This is the only one of these I've seen to date and I haven't been able to find any more info on them other than what was in the Craviotto catalogue from 2004/5.

The drum has all of the characteristics of maple you'd expect with a crisp crack to it when the batter head is quite tight.

More photos of this drum.

About Me

My photo
Ruislip, London, United Kingdom
I collect snare drums. I think I also have a problem...