The story of my battle with snare drum addiction.

Sunday 23 August 2009

Drum Workshop Collectors Maple


This is a 14x5.5 10+6 Collectors maple drum.

I love black on black drums and this one is cool. The wood grain shows through well and is offset nicely against the black hardware. There are a few light scuff marks on the bottom hoop where it had rubbed against a stand, but nothing major.

I got the drum second hand for £175 with a hard case from a guy who was selling a whole bunch of stuff a few years ago. I had to go to his washing machine repair shop to pick it up. I figured that if I didn't like it I could flip it and still make a profit, but I liked it and still have it - somewhere. Unfortunately, I'm not quite sure where it is right now and need to go looking for it.

It's a nice drum, quite general purpose in nature and I enjoy playing it when I know where it is.

About Me

My photo
Ruislip, London, United Kingdom
I collect snare drums. I think I also have a problem...