The story of my battle with snare drum addiction.

Sunday 30 August 2009

Pearl Masterworks Mahogany


This is a Masterworks 12x7 Mahogany in purple Tamo finish.

The drum came to me a few years ago from a friend who was selling it because he needed the cash. He called me one night as I was just going into a gig and I went up and got the drum from him soon after. My friend had this drum made for himself when he worked for Pearl and I think was quite special to him but he needed the money and sold it to me and threw in a Pearl S2000 snare stand and Le Blond case too.

As I said, it's a 12x7 shell with 8 double-ended lugs and Pearl Super Hoops. The strainer is a mini version which I like a whole lot more than some of the other rubbish Pearl seem to put on their drums these days. It's got quite a dark, tight sound without much ring and is a particular favourite 12" drum.

The photo doesn't really do the finish justice as it's a lot sharper than it looks here.

About Me

My photo
Ruislip, London, United Kingdom
I collect snare drums. I think I also have a problem...