The story of my battle with snare drum addiction.

Friday 4 September 2009

Ludwig 1966 400


This is an LM400 snare drum. It's the most recorded drum in history because it will do anything you want it too. I picked this up from the old Shamrock Drums in Acton, London in the late 1990s I think and it's dated Septemeber 1966, which means it's due a birthday again.

If anyone saw Stanton Moore's clinic tour for Mike Dolbear.com a few years back, then you saw this drum during one part of the evening when he was talking about James Brown's drummers. As in this drum. Stanton has borrowed it twice now and the only stipulation I had the first time he used it was that he signed the inside of the shell when he was done, which he did. So there you go, that's the story of this drum. It's mine and not yours. This is one of my 400s, and Stanton Moore has played and signed it. Did I mention it was mine?

If you don't have at least one 400 in your posession and you call yourself a serious player or collector, then you're not a serious player or collector. End of really...

About Me

My photo
Ruislip, London, United Kingdom
I collect snare drums. I think I also have a problem...