The story of my battle with snare drum addiction.

Saturday 5 September 2009

Craviotto Diamond Series Copper Snares


Diamond Series #6 in both sizes. Both came directly from the Craviotto factory in California through Steve Maxwell.

When I orginally saw these drums I was impressed but thought they couldn't be worth (cost-wise) the same as the brass run which preceded them because they weren't hand engraved. At that point, number two in each one were still available. By the time I had pulled my head out of where I usually sit and realised how fantastic these drums are, number six was the next lowest pair available. So there you go - if you wanna buy something, just buy it and think about it later.

14x5.5 and 14x6.5, these drums are as great sounding as they look and cost a small fortune. Being kinda lucky, I didn't pay the full market rate for them, but there you go...

More photos.

About Me

My photo
Ruislip, London, United Kingdom
I collect snare drums. I think I also have a problem...