The story of my battle with snare drum addiction.

Saturday 9 February 2008

This is a limited Drum Workshop 14x6 Waterfall Bubinga Edge drum with gold and brass hardware. It is beautiful. It is loud. It is also very heavy.

The Edge format has been around for a long time, however, this for me is a great example of combining a top design with something special. The shell is a combination of 10 ply maple and heavy gauge brass bands which provide the bearing edges. The outer ply of bubinga is from a nearly 800 year old log which DW purchased a couple of years ago.

I picked this drum up about half an hour (at most) after collecting my Timeless Timber from the local Parcel Force depot following its arrival from Chicago. I had previously seen one of these drums with the rest of a Waterfall kit at Wembley Drum Centre. I'd asked if they'd sell me just the snare and they'd said no because it was part of the kit. It was a bit of a surprise to see another one in there, but a nice one, and I couldn't bring myself to say no. I love the look of bubinga wood and the grain on the outer ply is amazing.

A great looking, fat sounding drum which is nice and versatile too.

More photos of this drum.


About Me

My photo
Ruislip, London, United Kingdom
I collect snare drums. I think I also have a problem...