The story of my battle with snare drum addiction.

Saturday 9 February 2008


This is a KD Drums 12x7 segmented purpleheart snare. The hardware is in black nickel and the tension rods are brass.

I first came across KD Drums at a drumshow in Warwick, UK in late 2004/early 2005 when I was asked to review some drums for Mike Dolbear.com. After being suitably impressed with what I saw and heard, I asked about getting a snare made. I think this was the second snare drum I had made to my own specs, around 2005 or so. Keith Keough makes some great drums and this is no exception. It's quite loud, but dry and dark at the same time.

The purpleheart is a visually attractive wood and the segmented shell and the colour of the hardware adds to the appeal. Keith's work recently got a namecheck from UK drummer Steve White for being of top quality. Bloody right too.

More photos of this drum.

About Me

My photo
Ruislip, London, United Kingdom
I collect snare drums. I think I also have a problem...